During the 2000s, the natural hair movement was launched. This particular effort was promoted to encourage women of African ancestry to keep their wavy, curly, or afro-textured hair. More than just a way to discourage women from straightening their curls using chemicals, it also promotes valuing one’s natural appearance, even though it is deemed less attractive by the larger population.
But aside from appearance, people with hair types 2, 3, 4, or those with naturally curly hair, experience a harder time taking care of their hair compared to those with type 1, or straight hair. This is especially true in the UK where natural hair care products for curly hairs are hard to find. While there are many of these in the US, having them shipped internationally is quite expensive. For this reason, Mixed Roots UK launched an array of natural hair products specifically produced to cleanse, condition, style, and maintain curly hair.
About Mixed Roots
Mixed Roots is a company that specializes in the manufacture of curly hair care products. These products are mostly distributed in Europe, particularly UK.
Different from other goods of the same function, Mixed Roots’ products are made of high quality natural ingredients and are fortified with protein and vitamins. It is also devoid of potentially harmful sulfates, parabens, and mineral oil.
Curly Hair Care Regimen
Mixed Roots suggests using their six products in order to achieve a clean and well-conditioned curly hair.
- Curl Cleansing Shampoo - The first product is the Curl Cleansing Shampoo. This shampoo thoroughly washes every kink in the hair and revitalizes the natural wavy pattern of the hair. It also retains moisture and provides additional bounce. To use, the shampoo is gently applied and massaged to the hair and scalp. After leaving for about three minutes, it is then rinsed with water.
- Deep Moisture Conditioner - After shampooing, the Deep Moisture Conditioner must be used. This cream conditioner further repairs damaged hair and replenishes its moisture level by penetrating the hair shafts. Moreover, it also strengthens hair strands so they would not break and fall easily. To use, a generous amount must be applied and spread using a wide-tooth comb. It is then left for up to 20 minutes to allow the product to penetrate into the hair. Afterwards, it is rinsed with lukewarm water.
- Replenishing Oil - The next product on the list is the Replenishing Oil. The main purpose of this product is to lock in the moisture that is applied to the hair. And although it is recommended to be used after using the Deep Moisture Conditioner, the Replenishing Oil can be used weekly as hot oil treatment, or anytime when the hair is drying up. To use, a little amount is applied to moist hair. It is then left to dry naturally.
- Curl Control Leave-in Conditioner - After using Replenishing Oil, the Curl Control Leave In Lotion must be applied. This product eliminates hair frizz while locking in the natural curling pattern of the hair. To use, a small amount is applied to either dry or moist hair. Substance is then distributed evenly from roots to tips by gently massaging with fingers.
- Curl Stretching Custard - Another Mixed Roots product is the Curl Stretching Custard. Depending on the thickness and texture of the hair, this step can be skipped. This product is used to loosen kinks and tight curls. By doing so, hair knotting and matting will be prevented. To use, the Curl Stretching Custard is applied to damp hair section by section, all throughout the whole hair length. Then styling should be done only by finger combing.
- Curl Refresher Finishing Spray - The last product in the hair care regimen is the Curl Refresher Finishing Spray. It can be used anytime to give the hair an instant boost in moisture and shine. It is also used to rejuvenate hair and remove frizzes when going for a quick hair restyling. To use, it is simply sprayed on to the hair. When restyling, it is suggested to follow spraying with a dash of Curl Stretching Custard or Leave In Lotion.
When looking for hair products for curly hair in the UK, one must really consider using Mixed Roots’ products and following their suggested hair care routine. Aside from being relatively inexpensive to purchase, it is also guaranteed to make taking care of curly hair effortless. Some of their products are also listed below.