Apple Cider Vinegar: Your Itchy Scalp Remedy!
If you haven't heard of the all-useful Apple cider vinegar, also known as ACV, it is currently the most popular vinegar type in the natural health community. It contains nutrients namely acetic and folic acids, also minerals such as potassium, iron and magnesium, as well as an antioxidant that is called the polyphenols.
ACV has a wide variety of home remedy usage ranging from body treatments to occasionally being used as a cooking ingredient! Here are some of the amazing uses of ACV:
- A Remedy for Itchy Scalp
- Can be used as a Salad Dressing
- A Facial Toner
- Used in a Detox Bath
- Body Scrub
- A Throat Soother
- Teeth Whitener
- Gargling ingredient to reduce Bad Breath
As stated, there are lots of useful ways to start getting your interest into using Apple Cider Vinegar; one of them (as listed) would be using ACV as a remedy for itchy scalps.
There are a lot of commercial shampoos out there which promises you that they will free you from dandruff and itch scalp but in reality, they do not really do the work. Plus, a lot of the ingredients used for the shampoos aren't even good for your hair and scalp, generally, it's no good for your health!
The all-natural Apple Cider Vinegar on the other hand, does not contain chemicals that can be harmful to your health, plus it is also packed with hair and scalp benefits! Some of them are enlisted below:
- ACV contains antimicrobial, antiviral, and anti-fungal materials that fights yeast directly. One of the cases for someone to have an itchy scalp is caused by a yeast-like fungus. ACV protects your scalp from fungus infections which is one of the main reasons why it is an effective product for itchy scalps.
- It helps your skin to open up clogged pores. This helps your blocked hair follicles be unclogged to grow stronger and cleaner. Additionally, it even helps you avoid getting acne and blemishes!
- It conditions your hair to be shiny and smooth, thanks to the ACV’s power to act as a great clarifier, buying clarifying shampoo will not be necessary anymore as the problem's already been solved!
-Dandruff is caused by having an overly dry or oily scalp. ACV balances your scalp's moisture, getting rid of those dandruffs which can be the cause of your itchy scalp problems.
There are a lot of benefits from using Apple Cider Vinegar for your hair. The vinegar is usually used as a hair rinse, also known as the "ACV rinse".
Is applying it to your hair safe?
If you're hesitant applying Apple Cider Vinegar on your hair, or maybe you're afraid that it is not suitable for your hair type, well, you have nothing to worry about! Experts have agreed that the use of ACV is safe for all hair types. (Yes! That includes hair that has been color treated recently!)
It has been proven that the ever so slightly acidic ACV will not damage nor ruin your hair as it is only enough to balance the pH you have in your hair. In fact, they even agreed that ACV is an all-around product to use for almost all your hair problems!
Apple Cider Vinegar - How to Apply:
If you have finally gained interest in using ACV, we will introduce two methods to apply it to your hair. One is composed solely of ACV added with water, and the other one has herbs added to the mixture. There are also a lot of Apple Cider Vinegar types out there that you can choose from. Find the best one for you and use it with these ACV hair rinses:
1. All-Natural concentrated ACV Hair Rinse:
8 Tablespoons of ACV
1 cup of Water
Measurement can vary depending on how much you would want to use. Make sure that you maintain the 1:4 ratios (1 part ACV, 4 parts water).
- Mix a half cup of water and 4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar together.
- Pour it into a spray bottle that can be sprinkled onto your hair and scalp.
- Rub the mixture onto your scalp. Then leave it for around three to five minutes before washing it off, or you can either let it dry if you feel like doing so.
- Make the same mixture again with the same measurements (In our example, it would be a half cup of water and 4 tablespoons of ACV), take the mixture into the shower and pour it over your hair after you are done cleaning your hair. You can then again wait for three to five minutes before rinsing it out, or leave it to dry.
2. Herb-Added Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse:
There are a lot of natural herbs that you can choose from. We will list down three that you can use in this recipe, all in which are healthy for your hair.
- 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Chosen herb
- Pour the ACV into a saucepan and get it to low boil.
- Once in low boil, add the herbs that you want to use into the saucepan.
- Let the mixture boil for at least 2 minutes so that the herbs can extract their juices out into the vinegar.
- Remove it from heat and let it cool.
- Strain out the leaves and place it into a container for future use, or apply it to your scalp if you want to use it already (remember to rinse it out after three to five minutes or just let it dry).
You could also use both of these mixtures with less concentration by adding more water to the ratio.
Should I rinse it or let it dry?
If you are wondering whether it would be better to rinse the ACV out or not, it really only depends on who you are. If you find ACV to be more helpful if you don't rinse it out, then don't. But if you find it quite irritating if left for a longer period of time, it is best to rinse it within the given the allotted time.
Once that you have found the best ACV hair rinse that works for you, you'll discover that it is one of the best and effective hair treatments that you could easily find and make! Not to mention that it is not costly. That just goes to show how efficient ACV is!
Having a healthy scalp is a must want for almost (if not all) everyone. Especially with all these continuously changing weather and environment pollutions spreading around, we all want to maintain the beauty and the good health that our hair and scalp possesses.
It has been known that if the scalp is not taken care of properly, it can cause serious issues such as flaking, drying, and itching as well as the possibility to increase someone's hair loss. A lot have experience this dilemma and they all want to find a solution to it; a way to keep their hair shiny and beautiful even under all circumstances.
The Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) grants you the ability to fight against these problems. It is all natural. It provides effective support for your scalp and even for your hair. Maintaining a healthy scalp and hair will be as easy as a breeze with an ACV hair rinse!
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.