Going to salon to get a hair treatment can become too costly nowadays. To avoid spending so much money on chemical treatments, you may want to check out the list of hair care procedures below instead. These can be done at home using honey and other ingredients you can simply grab from your kitchen.
Here are five different ones to fit different hair needs:
1. DIY Honey Hair Mask for Dull Hair
Is your hair dull and lifeless? This DIY hair mask can be your solution to have a shiny and lively hair.
- 2 eggs – egg is very effective in moisturizing dull and dry hair, especially the yolk.
- 1 cup honey – honey has many minerals and vitamins that can help improve hair texture.
- Mix eggs with honey. Make sure that these ingredients are well and properly mixed before applying to your hair to ensure effectiveness.
- Apply to your hair and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes. For better result, cover your hair with a shower cap or any plastic cap.
- Wash your hair as usual.
This homemade hair mask is sure to bring your hair back to life. For more hair care recipe, keep reading below.
2. DIY Honey Hair Mask for Growth
There are a lot of hair masks with honey that can be found on the internet, and this is one of the most effective for growing hair.
- ½ cup of honey – honey is effective in strengthening hair follicles, and strong hair grows healthy and fast.
- ¼ cup of olive oil – olive oil is effective in moisturizing scalp. Having a dandruff free scalp makes hair grow healthy and fast.
- Mix both ingredients well. Make sure they are properly mixed until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Apply it to your hair, from roots to the tips. Gently massage the scalp. Leave it to your hair for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash hair as usual.
This olive oil and honey for hair recipe is sure to effectively help your hair grow stronger and faster.
3. DIY Honey Hair Mask for Dandruff Free Hair
Though, olive oil is an effective ingredient for removing dandruff, there’s another one that is sure to help you prevent dandruff from coming back. This recipe is a honey mask mixed with yogurt.
- ½ cup honey – honey has anti-fungal properties that can effectively eliminate dandruff.
- 1 cup yogurt – yogurt is a natural lactic acid that can cleanse the scalp and eliminate dead skin cells that cause dandruff.
- Mix both ingredients well.
- Apply to your hair for 20 to 30 minutes, and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Wash your hair as usual. Use mild shampoo.
For this DIY hair mask, you can also add 1 teaspoon of lemon if you have oily hair. Lemon contains acid that can neutralize hair moisture.
4. DIY Honey Hair Mask for Silky and Smooth Hair
This hair care recipe will give you a natural hot oil treatment. This is for dull and frizzy hair.
- ½ cup coconut oil – coconut oil is rich in vitamins and minerals. It is well known around the world as the most effective natural hair oil.
- ½ cup honey – honey is also known as natural conditioner because it coats every hair strand.
- Mix the ingredients properly and thoroughly.
- Apply to your hair.
- Leave it to your hair for at least 20 minutes. You can let it stay to your hair for as long as you want.
- Rinse well and wash your hair as usual.
5. DIY Honey Hair Mask for Normal Hair
If you are lucky enough to naturally healthy hair this homemade hair mask will prevent your hair from future damages.
- ½ cup mayonnaise – mayonnaise is another natural conditioner. Being rich in amino acids, mayonnaise helps promote healthy hair growth, making your hair strong.
- ½ cup honey – another natural conditioner
- Mix both ingredients until it becomes creamy.
- Apply to hair and leave for at least 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo and rinse well.
These recipes are for one time use only and can be done once or twice a week. If you want to make more for storing purposes, adjust the amounts of ingredients based on your need and hair length. Note that these hair masks with honey are all natural, thus they come with a limited shelf-life.
If you love these hair masks, check out a few others:
For books on DIY recipes, hair tips and more check out the collection below: