It’s amazing how you can use essential oils in making DIY Hair Conditioners. With the right mixture of essential oils, you can create your own serum and keep your hair healthy and strong – and still save money.
Below are five effective serums that can help improve your hair’s growth and keep your scalp healthy.
Recipe #1: Essential Oils Hair Growth Serum
This hair growth serum includes grapeseed oil and jojoba oil. Grapeseed oil contains a lot of Vitamin E, which stimulates hair growth and promotes overall hair health. It also contains minerals, proteins, and linoleic acid that help hair look shiny. The Jojoba oil content of the serum will help to moisturize the scalp and prevent dandruff.
- 1 oz. grapeseed oil
- 1 oz. Jojoba oil
- 7 drops Lavender oil
- 7 drops Thyme oil
- 7 drops Rosemary oil
- 7 drops Cedarwood oil
- 2 tsp. Castor oil (Jamaican Black)
- Pour 1 oz. grapeseed oil, 1 oz/ jojoba oil and castor oil into an amber dropper bottle.
- Carefully add the cedarwood, lavender, thyme, and rosemary essentials oils.
- Close the bottle and shake well to mix all ingredients.
- Store the serum in a cool place.
This mixture can last up to seven applications.
Recipe #2: Serum for Damaged Hair
Like other DIY Hair Conditioners, this serum helps to nourish damaged hair and prevent split ends. It contains fractionated coconut oil that seals up the hair cuticles. It also contains argan oil that is known for nourishing damaged hair.
- 2 Tbsp fractionated coconut oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp argan oil
- 1 Tbsp sea buckthorn oil
- 7 drops geranium essential oil
- 7 drops sandalwood essential oil
- Small funnel
- Pour coconut oil, argan oil, and buckthorn oil in an amber dropper bottle.
- Carefully add the drops of geranium oil and sandalwood oil.
- Close the bottle and shake it well.
- Store the serum in a cool place.
This mixture can be used on more than one application, depending on your hair’s thickness.
Recipe #3: Aloe Vera Hair Growth Serum
This hair growth serum is one of the best DIY Hair Products. Horsetail leaf contains high silica, which strengthens the hair and enhances hair growth. Aloe vera contains proteolytic enzymes that revitalize skin cells on the scalp.
- 2 Tbsp Horsetail Leaf (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Dried Nettle Leaf
- 2 Tbsp Natural Aloe Vera Gel
- 10 drops of Clary Sage Oil
- 10 drops of Lavender Oil
- 1 cup distilled water
- Boil one cup of distilled water. Then, add the horsetail leaf and dried nettle leaf.
- Turn off the stove and let the herbs stay in the water for about 15 minutes or until the water cools down.
- Strain the water from herbs. Pour the herb infused water into a small bottle.
- Add the drops of clary sage oil, lavender oil and natural aloe vera gel.
- Shake well to mix all ingredients.
- Store the serum in the fridge.
This mixture can last up to two applications.
Recipe #4: Natural Hair Thickening Serum
The fourth serum contains fractionated coconut oil and other essential oils including lavender, rosemary, and ylang-ylang. Ylang-ylang controls oil production on the scalp, improving hair growth and thickness. Rosemary adds value to the serum by treating dry scalp.
- Pour all of the ingredients into a spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle well.
- Keep the bottle in a cool place.
This mixture is enough for up to three applications.
Recipe #5: Hair Growth Serum for Oily Hair
This hair growth serum is perfect for oily hair. It contains basil essential oil that supports hair growth by improving blood circulation on hair tissue. The serum also includes tea tree oil that contains anti-viral and antiseptic properties. These properties control oil production in the scalp.
- 2oz jojoba oil
- 10 drops of the Lavender,
- 5 drops Rosemary
- 5 drops Tea Tree
- 2 drops Basil oil
- Pour all essential oils in a bottle.
- Shake it well to mix all ingredients.
- Store the serum in a cool storage.
This mixture can last up to five applications.
Where to Buy
- Here are some of the highest rated pure jojoba oil products.
- You can check out different brands of fractionated coconut oil here.
- You can check out different essential oils for DIY Hair Products here.
For a few additional DIY hair recipes, check out our other DIY blogs which include:
1.) homemade shampoos
2.) DIY hair masks recipes for damaged hair
3.) homemade conditioners for protection and moisture
4.) homemade hair serums for hair growth
5.) DIY hair masks with egg